Friday, January 13, 2017

What I Read: December 2016



What I Read:  December 2016





Had some good reads in December:

*The Road by Cormac McCarthy (3.5) -  My husband and I read The Road at the same time.  It was a very dark, compelling read about a father/son traveling in the post apocalyptic world.  I recommended it to my son (26) who is reading it now.

*The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan (3.5)  I enjoyed this book about a young woman who heads out on an adventure after her office is downsized.  She needs to find a new job.   This book involves books, trying new things, and meeting interesting people.

*A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (3)  I listened to this seasonal treasure.  I have seen many versions of the story in movies but hadn't actually read it.  It was a quick listen and it helped me get into the holiday mood.

*Light on Snow by Anita Shreve (3.5)  I listened to this book as well.  I really enjoyed it.  The storyline a father/daughter find a baby in the snowy woods near their home; kept me engaged and wanting to know what happens next.  I will definitely be reading more as I know Anita Shreve has many.

*From Mom to Me Again by Melissa Schultz (4) - I enjoyed and could so relate to this topic.  When our Children leave our nest what do we do?  This book gave lots of recommendations and advice plus Melissa's own journey.  I have been recommending this book to my other "empty nester" friends.

What's Next in January?  The Little Beach Street Bakery (another of Jenny Colgan's), The Forgetting Time and Eight Hundred Grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment