Friday, October 13, 2017

What I Read: September 2017

September was a good reading month.  I read (hard copies) and listened to 9 books.  Linking up this month with Jana and Steph Show Us Your Books with Jana and Steph! If you're looking for reading recommendations please check it out!

My favorites were:  
Setting Free the Kites - by Alex George (set in coastal Maine, the main character meets a new friend and it changes everything.)
Born a Crime - Trevor Noah (Trevor Noah's unlikely path from apartheid South Africa to a desk at the Daily Show began with a criminal act...his birth)  I found this audio version fascinating and funny.
Caraval - Stephanie Garber (remember it's only a game..magical, dark/light, kept me wanting more)

Please read my review of In a Different Key: The Story of Autism by John Donvan and Caren Zucker here: Review of In a Different Key.  I received the book from Blogging for Books in an exchange for an honest review.  

I have been reading a lot of YA lately.
I am trying to finish up on Erin's Challenge this month (I have one more book to read).
I am planning on reading my shelves in November and my TBR for December will include lots of winter themed titles.


2 comments:

  1. oh, I love YA. I don't read AS much as I used to, but sometimes I just don't have time. I'm currently reading The Diviners by Libba Bray and loving it. I want to read Caraval; I'm glad you enjoyed it. I also want to check out Born a Crime! Love Trevor Noah.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Born a Crime on my TBR. I really liked Attachments!

    ReplyDelete