Tuesday, November 14, 2017

What I Read: October 2017



What I Read:  October 2017




and



Favorites this month were:  

   Stay with Me by Ayobami Adebayo ⭐⭐⭐⭐

   Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders ⭐⭐⭐⭐

   All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

   The Last Neanderthal by Claire Cameron ⭐⭐⭐⭐

A book that surprised me:  Lincoln in the Bardo.  I was lost at first but once I planted myself firmly in the setting of the story it was an enjoyable experience.

A book that disappointed me:  The Almost Sisters.  Felt formulaic to me.  It past the time just fine, but I felt it didn't live up to the hype.   

Currently Reading:  A Stranger in the Woods by Michael Finkel, Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan

7 comments:

  1. Lincoln in the Bardo is up next for me.

    I'm still not over All the Bright Places. I hope you like Bright Ideas. It definitely surprised me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Stay With Me and All the Bright Places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Lincoln in the Bardo. I'm glad it was a good read! And I hope you enjoy Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore; it was a top read for me this year.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed All the Bright Places. Stay With Me sounds like an interesting read. Just added it to my to read list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many reads this month! I've been too busy for a lot of reading, but I guess that's ok. I do miss it though, and am hoping to sneak in quite a bit over my time off for Thanksgiving! :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the Bright Places was so good and heartbreaking. I'm hoping to read The Almost Sisters sometime!

    ReplyDelete