Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Catching Up with 2018 Reads




 I am catching up on my reads from November/December 2018.  I'm linking up with Jana and Steph for Show Us Your Books.  Every 2nd Tuesday of the month, this fun group shares what they've been reading and short reviews/recommendations.  A great way to fill your TBR!






I had some great reads the last two months.  

11/22/63 by Stephen King (WOW)  I found this fascinating.  It kept my attention. I think I read it in a week.  

Still Me by Jo Jo Moyes  I enjoyed this third book in the Louisa Clark series (started with Me Before You and then After You)  She remains one of my favorite modern heroines.  

Bossypants & The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo.  Tina Fey and Amy Schumer's books were both entertaining.  I was surprised how much I liked listening to these.  Any recommendation for other comedic memoirs?

Evicted Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond.  I flew through this book as it is definitely one I would consider in my wheel house (non-fiction, social issue).  Definitely opened my eyes to a crisis I did not know much about.  

Last Ride to Graceland by Kim Wright
This book was both heavy and light.  It followed a young girl's journey to find more about her biological father.  The backdrop of Memphis, Graceland really pulled you into the story.   Planning my second trip to Memphis in March.  

All the books I read were good, these are just a few highlights.

Currently Reading:  An American Marriage and The Nix
Happy Reading!


1 comment:

  1. Evicted was spectacular! And I love that he's keeping up the advocacy work post-book.

    I have the Nix on my Kindle and I legit have no idea where it came from.

    ReplyDelete