Tuesday, August 14, 2018

JULY READS: SHOW US YOUR BOOKS!

WOW It's already time for my favorite day of the month!!!
July Reads
I'm linking up with Jana and Steph (Show Us Your Books)
every 2nd Tuesday of the month to let you know what I've been reading


I had a pretty good reading month overall.  I read two books that I liked but took me forever to get through (The Immortalists and Not that I Could Tell).  I listened to When Dimple Met Rishi and loved it!  I was glad to finally read (listen) to some poetry.  You have to listen to A Good Cry, Nikki Giovanni has a wonderfully melodic voice!  I enjoyed Just Mercy but think it is a book I will definitely have to read again (lots of detail).  How to Raise an Adult and  Mystic Summer were good just o.k. and I wasn't that impressed with Summer at Beach Street Bakery or The Year of Less.  Found both boring.   
Happy August Reading!!  


4 comments:

  1. I might check out Mystic Summer still because I like the title.

    I liked Little Beach Street Bakery okay but could not do the Summer or Christmas book. I agree, boring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved When Dimple Met Rishi. :) I read another of Colgan's books, Little Bookshop on The Corner (I think it was called) and it was just ok as well.. I wanted to love it.. but I didn't. XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Read when Dimple met Rishi this month too! Super cute YA novel!

    ReplyDelete